Studying a Vocational Education and Training (VET) course as part of the HSC is a smart choice. VET courses provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to make the most of your future. VET programs in schools including school based apprenticeships, traineeships and work placements. VET courses are a great way for students to experience work and undertake formal, on the job training as part of their HSC.
Benefits of Vocational Education and Training
Students who study a VET qualification at school are more likely to:
- succeed studying higher level VET qualifications and
- gain apprenticeships or other employment when they leave school.
ICF COURSE INFORMATION
NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) documentation for all Industry Curriculum Frameworks is available on the NESA website. Syllabus documents provide information for VET courses and mandatory requirements for the HSC including examination information.
RPL INFORMATION AND APPLICATION FORMS
COMPLAINTS HANDLING POLICY
Students should refer to their school’s Senior Handbook for details on the Complaints Process.
Students should refer to their Senior Handbook for details on the appeals process for their school.
UNIQUE STUDENT IDENTIFIER (USI)
From 1 January 2015, the Australian Government required all students undertaking VET training to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). The 10 digit number and letter identifier will allow you to access your VET training records and results from your online USI account.
Once a USI has been created students will need to advise the Catholic Schools Office.
SCHOOL BASED APPRENTICESHIP OR TRAINEESHIP (SBAT)
- A School Based Apprenticeship or Traineeship combines paid work, training and school; as well as receiving an industry recognised national qualification you will gain credit towards the Higher School Certificate (HSC). For more information see the SBAT page.
aXcelerate Student Management System
- Login to aXcelerate – coming soon
FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- Student Workplace Learning Record
- Workplace Learning Prohibited and Special Consideration Activities
- Workplace Learning Interstate
- Workplace Learning Travel with Host Employer
- Workplace Learning Vehicle Travel
- Working With Animals – Memo
- Working With Animals – Guidelines and Hazards
- Working With Animals – Self Assessment
- Working With Children – Memo