OBJECTIVES OF THE WORKPLACE LEARNING PROGRAM
- To enhance social and vocational skills and training
- To assist students in making and evaluating future career choices
- To support the transition from college to work
- To meet the mandatory requirements of the HSC.
CONDITIONS OF WORKPLACEMENT
- As a volunteer worker, the student has no liability under the Worker’s Compensation Act.
- All work health and safety legislation shall apply to any work site and to any student engaged in a work experience project, either as a paid or volunteer worker.
ALL STUDENTS ARE COVERED
- The CCI School Care Personal Accident and Disability or Students’ Work Experience Personal Accident Policy with Catholic Church Insurances (CCI) and
- Work Experience/Work Placement Public Liability Policy with QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited.
ABOUT THE COVER
GO 2 WORKPLACEMENT
As a mandatory requirement, students must complete the Workplacement preparation course GO 2 Workplacement prior to their first placement.
- Student Workplace Learning Record
- Prohibited activities and activities that need special consideration
- Application for interstate Workplacements
- Vehicle travel with host employer/supervisor
- Workplace Learning Vehicle Travel
- Working with Animals - Memo
- Working With Animals – Guidelines and Hazards
- Working with Animals - Self Assessment
- Working with Children - Memo